Skip to Search
Skip to Main Navigation
The magazine for family therapy and systemic practice
Context, the magazine for family therapy and system practice
Context, the magazine for family therapy and systemic practice, covers news and views on issues of concern to all professional groups working with children, families and adults in a therapeutic environment.
Context provides a user-friendly forum for sharing and stimulating therapeutic ideas among people working in both the public and independent sectors. Context contains a wealth of information about events, conferences, workshops and jobs in the family therapy field.
General Editor: Brian Cade - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Editor: Ged Smith - email@example.com
AFT members automatically receive Context as part of their membership. You may, however, subscribe to Context if you are not an AFT member.
Issue 145 / June 2016, edited by Michelle Newman Brown and Pete Brown on the theme Tools and techniques for working with children, young people and families
Future issues of Context
Future issues of Context, guest issue editors and themes are listed below.
If you would like to write an article for Context, either on one of the themes planned below or not, please contact Brian Cade or Louise Norris to be put in touch with the relevant editor.
- Issue 146 / August 2016 – Brian Cade – to be announced
- Issue 147 / October 2016 – Ged Smith – to be announced
- Issue 148 / December 2016 – Yoko Totsuka & Wendy Lobatto – Thinking systemically about our leadership, management, organisational and socio-political contexts
- Issue 149 / February 2017 – Brian Cade – General issue
- Issue 150 / April 2017 – Jeanne Ziminski & Marilyn Brennan – Teaching the core elements of systemic practice for today's foundation and intermediate level trainees
- Issue 151 / June 2017 – Sarah Helps – The social graces