Skip to Search
Skip to Main Navigation
The magazine for family therapy and systemic practice
Context, the magazine for family therapy and system practice
Context, the magazine for family therapy and systemic practice, covers news and views on issues of concern to all professional groups working with children, families and adults in a therapeutic environment.
Context provides a user-friendly forum for sharing and stimulating therapeutic ideas among people working in both the public and independent sectors. Context contains a wealth of information about events, conferences, workshops and jobs in the family therapy field.
General Editor: Brian Cade - firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Editor: Ged Smith - email@example.com
AFT members automatically receive Context as part of their membership. You may, however, subscribe to Context if you are not an AFT member.
Issue 149 / February 2017, edited by Brian Cade
Future issues of Context
Future issues of Context, guest issue editors and themes are listed below.
If you would like to write an article for Context, either on one of the themes planned below or not, please contact Brian Cade or Louise Norris to be put in touch with the relevant editor.
- Issue 150 / April 2017 – Jeanne Ziminski & Marilyn Brennan – Teaching the core elements of systemic practice for today's foundation and intermediate level trainees
- Issue 151 / June 2017 – Sarah Helps – The social graces
- Issue 152 / August 2017 – Ged Smith – General issue
- Issue 153 / October 2017 – Pat Gray & Gary Robinson – Systemic Practice in Action
- Issue 154 / December 2017 – Danny McGowan & Lindsey Hampson – How do we know we are helping? Measuring and evaluating our systemic practice
- Issue 155 / February 2018 – Amanda Middleton & Alex Iantaffi – Working systemically with trans, non-binary and gender expansive people
- Issue 156 / April 2018 – Alastair Pearson & Philip Messent – Systemic work in Schools
- Issue 157 / June 2018 – Chip Chimera – Parental alienation
- Issue 158 / August 2018 – Ged Smith – to be announced
- Issue 159 / October 2018 – Brian Cade – to be announced
- Issue 160 / December 2018 – Yoko Totsuka and Barbara McKay – Systemic supervision, consultation and training in multiple contexts
- Issue 161 / February 2019 – Pete Brown – Creative work with families