The Plays of State and the State of Play: A Systemic Orientation to Keeping Practice Alive. With Jim Wilson
- Date: 28 September 2012 (09:30 - 16:30)
- Venue: The Riverside Centre, The Quay, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 5HD
- Location: Newport, Isle of Wight PO30, UK
- Type: Courses and workshops
- Branch: AFT Isle of Wight
This workshop will emphasise a social-relational attempt to keep practice alive in Mental Health and Social Care settings where the endless manufacturing of diagnoses and explanatory theories for problems of living lacks a corresponding appreciation of the skills necessary to create contexts of care, curiosity and competence as the basis of sound “human-ualized” practices. Themes will include;
- Doing what is realistic and negotiable in therapy and family work.
- Expanding the practitioner’s repertoire of possibilities in child and family meetings
- Creating useful connections with clients and patients
- Broadening the range of methods and movement in family sessions.
- Illustrating Possibilist practices in Supervision
- Generating useful dialogue beyond “resistance”, tired explanations, and false certainties, in professional discourse and case meetings
Cost: £50 - lunch included (£45 AFT members, unwaged participants, and group bookings of 5 or more)
Telephone inquiries to Jean (07745 064092) firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris (07548 879708) email@example.com